Friday, December 11, 2009

7th Church Anniversary




On December 6, our church celebrated its 7th anniversary. Even though Rina and I have only been here for 7 months, the testimony of the faithfulness of Pastor Nelson and Dulce was evident as God has protected and blessed this church through another year. We pray that God will continue to watch over and bless this church as we strive to serve Him and share our faith.

During both the morning and evening services we had some special singing by our adult choir, children's choir, and ladies group. I was able to preach during the morning service on our theme for the anniversary -"No Regrets" Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."

For the evening service we were blessed to have Dr. Jericho Samson as our guest speaker, and we served food to all in attendance. We had around 350-400 people attend the evening service and many accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. It was a very busy day and many of the church members worked hard in preparation for the anniversary as well as with the following cleanup. We are very thankful for the great outcome that God provided during our church anniversary celebration.

-Ptr. Matt & Rina-

1 comments:

esteele said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been 7 months. I just saw the Christmas pageant at Quentin today and thought I saw you on stage :) You're on our minds and in our hearts! Love, Ate Ellen and Dave

© 2011 OUR JOURNEY, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena